Join our growing team!
1. Commercial Account Coordinator – Job Function Expectations
As a Commercial Account Coordinator for Ellis Insurance Agency (EIA) we are responsible for supporting and servicing our clients with amazing customer service. The list of expectations are as follows:
- Responsible for providing technical and administrative support to Commercial Account Director and Account Manager, Sales Executive and Account Executive(s)
- Schedule appointments with clients as requested by Commercial Account Director and Account Manager, Sales Executive and Account Executive(s)
- Occasionally accompany Commercial Account Director and Account Manager, Sales Executive and Account Executive(s) on prospect and client meetings as requested by Sales Executive.
- Complete applications in coordination with Sales Executive/Account Executive(s); submits applications to eligible and appropriate carriers; follows up to ensure timely receipt of quotations and policies.
- Follow up on receipt of: binders, policies, endorsements and other related items; verifies their accuracy; issues certificates as needed and forwards all items to client with appropriate correspondence
- Determine if direct or agency billing is appropriate and invoice New Business, Renewal, Audits and Endorsements accordingly.
- Prepare summaries of insurance, schedules and proposals for word processing as needed.
- Assist with renewal process in coordination with Commercial Account Director and Account Manager, Sales Executive and Account Executive(s) according to agency procedures.
- Review audits of policies; verifies accuracy and facilitates corrections, as needed, between client and carrier.
- Verify policy and policy change information, facilitating corrections when necessary.
- Process incoming mail and phone requests, responding promptly and appropriately.
- Use agency credit and collection policy in invoicing and pursuing prompt payments; request cancellations from the carrier according to agency standards.
- Determine reasons for requests for cancellations; acts to save accounts; notifies Commercial Account Director and Account Manager, Sales Executive and Account Executive(s)
- Process and following up on cancellations requests to carriers to ensure accurate and timely resolution; maintains agency in financial equity whenever possible.
- Assist insureds with submitting first reports of claims, facilitates prompt response from carrier staff and follows up on claims status, according to agency procedures.
- Identify clients exposure to loss and recommends appropriate coverages in coordination with Sales Executive/Account Executive(s).
Personal and Organizational Development
- Maintain a cordial and effective relationship with clients, coworkers, carriers, vendors and other business contacts.
- Reply to client & Sales Executive and Account Executive(s) emails within 24 business hours and ensures that all inbound and outbound email items are immediately recorded into AMS and removed from Outlook Inbox
- Keep informed regarding industry information, new product information, legislation, coverages and technology to continuously improve knowledge and performance.
- Interact with others effectively by utilizing good communications skills, cooperating purposefully and providing information and guidance, as needed, to achieve the business goals of the agency.
- Set Priorities and manages work flow by utilizing suspense items to ensure efficient, timely and accurate processing of transaction and other responsibilities
Requirements for eligibility
- 2-5 Years experience in the admitted and non-admitted Commercial Insurance space with at least 2 years of experience issuing complex Certificates of Insurance
- Current Texas General Lines Agent Insurance License
- High attention to detail
- Strong analytical, organization, research and problem-solving skills.
2. Client Service and Sales Consultant (CSSC)
Ellis Insurance Agency is seeking a dynamic, friendly and hard-working customer-centric Property and Casualty Licensed Customer Service Agent with at least 5 years in the insurance business. This person will provide amazing levels of client service as well as have an opportunity to sell/upsell/cross-sell clients as well.
Duties to include:
- Daily interactions assisting clients with policy changes and updates. Interactions to include:
- In Person
- Social Media
- Primary responsibility will be to manage/maintain Personal Lines Insurance Clients (Commercial Lines experience is a plus)
- Proactively cross sell (or round out) accounts prior to their renewal
- Participate in team and group meetings
- Work with a designated Producer (or Producers) to support current and new clients
- Participate and attend a few company events per year
- Recognize proper needs from clients to cross-sell/upsell policies
- Receive training from various carriers on platforms, databases, and processes
- Consistent participant in EIA/client Social Media messaging
Skill sets that are needed:
- Strong ability to communicate with clients, support their particular issue and assess their needs for future partnership
- Educate and sell, cross-sell (round out) and upsell
- Strong typing and database maneuvering
- Multitasking efficiency is a must
- Extremely well organized with an ability to prioritize daily activities
- Experience with AMS360 a plus
- Experience in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Outlook, Excel, Power Point
About Ellis Insurance Agency:
We are a family-owned business that has been protecting individuals and families for over 39 years. We value the trust we have earned over the years more than anything.
Our Core Values:
Whether you need to protect your car and home, want insurance for the possessions in your apartment, or need a general umbrella policy for peace of mind, our consultants will provide you with outstanding service and support. As your dedicated insurance consultants, we are committed to protecting your most important assets with innovative, customized insurance programs.
- We believe in Family first
- We are Flexible
- We are Fun, caring, empathetic
- We are Client-focused
- We owe our clients everything
- We Support each other – we believe in being:
- We are Transparent
- We rely on Insight and Feedback from every Employee
Please send resume and cover letter to:
If you have questions, please reach out to Lee Gamel
210-979-9000 ext. 118